Wednesday, October 1

Zappos cushions shoes at LAX

Yesterday, while gearing up in the security line at LAX, I reached for the requisite plastic bin. The place to put my shoes, laptop and all the etcetera that needs extra scrutiny by the TSA. As I reached to unceremoniously dump my black patent leather pumps in, I note that the bin lined with a colorful ad.

Zappos.com has placed inserts into the security line shoe bins at LAX. Shoe bins; that's not much of a stretch since Zappos sells shoes. Catch the customer when they're thinking about their shoes with a cute line about the upcoming xray machine. They have some smart folks at Zappos.
This isn't rocket science; its just plain good marketing.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tip! I've used it on my blog now.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is awaiting moderation - thank you for stopping by!